Welcome to the
Howard County Woodworkers Guild (HCWG)
The Guild is a collegial organization of like-minded and creative individuals, dedicated to sharing in the woodworking craft, nurturing newcomers, and giving back to our community.
Whether your interest is in turning, flatwork, carving, finishing, lumber, trees or camaraderie, or all the above, or you’re not sure; our Guild is for you. Come to a meeting or two and get acquainted.
January 13th, the SECOND Saturday our monthly meeting will be in person at Bain Center (info link) and virtual using Zoom technology.
The presentation is, “Photographing your Woodworking Projects Like a Professional – Julie B. Simon (faculty, UM)”.
Meeting details:Must be logged in to view. Members and invited guests may also check their email inbox Thursday before the meeting.
0900 – 0955 – Social, Raffle & Door Prize Ticket sales
0955 – 1015 – Call to Order, Welcome, Reports and Announcements, Bylaws Vote
1015 – 1035 – Show-n-Tell
1035 – 1050 – Break
1050 – 1150 – Presentation
1150 – 1200 – Raffle
1200 – Adjourn
1200 – 1225 – restore room to pre-meeting condition
10:00 – Opening – Mike
New Members and Guests Welcome – Mike
Treasurer’s Report – Frank
Membership Report – Gene
- 2## Active Members (Who’s Who) (+# joined in December)
- Do we have your latest email address? Click here: Help -> Fix My Email.
Announcements – Mike
- Workshop – Ron (shop schedule)
NOTE: New Wednesday evening hours and some Saturdays.
** Need additional monitors to cover expanded hours.
Monitors get membership dues waived.
- Monthly Meetings Presentations – Kathy
Visit the Presentation Schedule
Members get compensation for presenting.
- Education Committee – Joel
- Recognition Committee – Jack (homepage)
- Guild Bylaws, Please visit the Bylaws Suggested Edits 2023. The Board is conducting a 30 day comment period and a ratification vote at the January 13th Monthly Meeting. Members must vote in-person. A two thirds majority of eligible members present voting for the changes are required for ratification.
10:10 – Guild Bylaws Changes vote
10:15 – Show n Tell – Mike
10:35 – Break
10:50 – Presentation – Kathy
Photographing your Woodworking Projects Like a Professional – Julie Simon