On behalf of the Board and Guild Members, thank you! Thank you for considering lining up for the role of Guild Workshop Coordinator and Assistant(s).
I am personally excited to think that we might have three candidates to fill and share the roles. With each new iteration of persons there is opportunity for improvement in operation and increased engagement. We look forward to nurturing your interest in serving our members in this important role, and hopefully processing your appointment by a grateful Board of Directors.
The following is my outline, a sort of project plan, for moving forward with the process. I welcome your suggestions to fine tune this list, adjust the sequence, and perhaps eventually taking ownership of it to orchestrate the remaining steps through to the shop’s grand reopening.
- Gene arranges a Zoom meeting with Norm, Frank and Ron to:
- Ensure these candidates have access to all documents listed on the Workshop Policy homepage, and all work papers filed previously by Ron Fico,
- If desired, arrange for Ron Fico and Mark Fradkin to join our group for their candid view of the role, their ideas of what barriers exist for success, and what opportunities exist; and also discuss conduct escorted tour of the Workshop prior to reopening escorted by Ron and Mark,”
- Respond to any additional questions,
- Provide the previous monitors names and contact information, and
- Ask for and record from Norm, Frank and Ron, their commitment to perform the Workshop Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator(s).
- Gene will present this commitment as an Appointment Resolution to the Board.
- Gene will return the appointment results to the affected parties.
- Gene will arrange for an in person or Zoom meeting with the Bain Center Director, Linda Ethridge, to confirm the shop reopening date, hours of operation, and authorized shop opening persons.
- Gene will send the Workshop Coordinator appointment email notification to all members.
- The new Workshop Coordinator will:
- Utilize the Assistant Coordinator(s) to accomplish the following items.
- Draft an email soliciting volunteers for Workshop Monitor that Gene will send,
- Arrange an agenda for and schedule a Coordinators and Monitors Zoom meeting, and Gene will provide the Zoom connections details and host the call. Deliverables include but are not limited to:
- Monitor Roster,
- Monitor Work Schedule,
- Monitor Training Schedule and Goals,
- Verification each monitor has proper website access to support objectives, and
- Workshop Grand Reopening Announcement that Gene will send.
- Schedule a Workshop Cleanup Notice to all members, that Gene will send.
- Ensure the reopening cleanup is performed.
- Conduct the grand workshop reopening.
- Ensure that at least quarterly cleanups are performed.
- Ensure that a rolling Monitor Schedule or produced and published on the guild website covering at least two weeks.
- Ensure that any member misbehaviors are reported to the board immediately with a call for action, or as an information item.