Instructors Needed – The HCWG Education Committee is seeking volunteer instructors for a new program to teach beginning woodworkers the fundamentals of our craft. At a minimum, volunteers for this program should be competent in all aspects of fine woodworking at an intermediate level and have a sincere interest in teaching others.
Competencies include, but are not limited to-
- Understanding of wood characteristics and wood behavior
- Project planning and organization
- Basic milling procedures
- Safe and accurate use of woodworking machines
- Use and care of basic hand tools
- Skilled at joinery using a combination of machines and hand tools
- Procedures for project assembly and glue up
- Finishing preparation
Members not logged in and non-members please use the form for referral to the ad owner, who will contact you at the number or email you provide in the form.