The annual Howard County Fair is celebrating 72 Years! Will be held August 5-12, 2017.
This year Ron and Pat Clements are chairpersons for the Woodworking section in the Home Arts Building. Please be sure to enter your item completed this year so that the Guild puts on a great show.
Here’s the County Fair Web Site Page: http://howardcountyfair.org
Here’s the Home Arts Rules: http://howardcountyfair.org/sites/default/files/home-arts.pdf
Go to Section 11, Woodworking (about 2/3rds down).
Entries close at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, August 5th. ? Pre-registering is requested, but not required.
There are many categories, with lots of details spelled out in the Home Arts Rules, Section 11, Woodworking. Be sure to read them via the link above. Meanwhile, here is a list of the categories:
- Challenge Carving
- Non-Carvers Challenge – Recipe Card Box
- Flat work from Large to extra small; Desk, Dresser, Table, Hutch, Floorlamp, Box, Stool, et cetera
- Antique Refinished
- Handmade Furniture from original design
- Handmade Furniture from plans
- Handmade Furniture from recycled materials
- Wood Burning
- Picture Frames
- Scroll Saw
- Carving, Decoys Working
- Carving, Birds, Decorative
- Carving, Relief
- Carving, Caricature
- Carving, Stylized
- Carving, Sculptural
- Walking Canes and Sticks
- Teenage Woodworking
- Childrens Woodworking