All, George Slack, who had a stroke three years ago, is selling all his tools in the woodshop. He is a professional woodworker, master carver, instructor with focus on making 18th century furniture reproduction. His work is museum quality. This is a huge tool sale – he has many stationary power tools, Festools, hand power tools, hand tools (many with duplicates for classes), planes (metal & wooden bodies), molding planes, chisels, saws, files, turning tools, carving tools, sharpening tools, etc. This is a huge tool sale. Priced to sell – everything needs to go. Details and directions below.
Actual Tool Sale Dates
Sat Nov 19 9:00am to 2:00pm
Sun Nov 20 9:00am to 2:00pm
Location – Warrenton, VA (directions below)
Early Arrival and Number of People in Woodshop – Doors will open 09:00am. George has a large woodshop, but with all the tools and sales tables, we will limit to 10 customers max at a time inside.
Outside Sales Tables – Weather permitting, we will have about 3-4 tables outside with tools to sell, plus a number of power tools staged along the brick walking path for people to look at.
Forward to Friends – Appreciate if you would forward this email sales flyer to other interested people. Lots of tools include multiples for his students.
Restroom facilities – a restroom located in the basement is available to customers.
Pricing Basis – pricing to move the tools
- Power tools, most hand tools 50% of current list or eBay prices except as noted below:
- Saw Stop – below current resell pricing with a number of accessories
- Festool – sale price is 70% of list price for Track Saw, Kapex. Other tools (routers/sanders 65%). Supplies 50%
- Pfeil carving tools – 70% of list price
- Hand tools, saws, spoke shaves already priced by Rick Long (Richmond antique tool and PATINA guy) – priced to sell
Purchasing Basis and Payment – All sales final, no returns. Items sold as-is. Where available operating manuals for power tools will be provided. Customers are responsible for their own safety and should get instruction on using new power tools and hand tools safely. Power tool pickup maybe @ sale day, but some tools will require removal of sales table or prior removal of other tools for sale (e.g., SawStop). Buyer to provide materials handling and labor to dismantle and move/load tool on vehicle. Discuss with Fred Grosse about logistics.
Owners strongly prefer cash, but will accept Zelle, and Venmo. No credit cards. WiFi is available since cell signal is spotty.
Summary of tools for sale (approximate numbers; more details on Power tools and Festools below)
- Stationary Power Tools – 13 including a Saw Stop
- Festools – 16 including Track plunge saw and Kapex miter saw
- Other Hand Power Tools – >20
- Lathes – two systems – Jet extended bed and a Record
- Turning tools – @ 15
- Metal and Some Wooden hand planes – 45 including several Lie-Nielsen
- Wooden Molding Planes – 59
- Spoke shaves – 5
- Hand Saws (panel, back saws, Japanese saws, a few Lie-Nielsen) – 25
- Files and Rasps – >100
- Chisels – >100 including some sets
- Plane Floats – 3 (Lie-Nielsen not making any more)
- Carving tools – about 240 Pfeil, Dastra, Stubai (list available on request to Fred Grosse)
- Sharpening systems – Tormek, Worksharp, a number of stones
- Many, Many clamps – Bessey, Jorgenson, others
- Wooden multi-draw tool cabinet and tool boxes
- Delta, General Int’l, and Powermatic Tenon jigs
- Logan Simplex Mat Cutter
- Plus a number of other woodworking tools – Foredom, Craftsman Flextool, Drill Doctor, Power Buffing system
- Many hand tools in $1, $2, $5 bins
- Mobile Work Benches – 2-1/4” thick oak – Nicely built 7 total plus one Adjust-a-Bench
- Vices – Metal Working – 4
- Vices – Woodworking – 8 (Record 7”, 10” quick release)
- Vices – Woodworking – Emmert 4 originals, 4 Taiwan knockoff, but good operating
- Vices – 3rd Generation carving custom vises (legs, spindles, chairs, etc. (VERY nice)
- Vices – Zyliss #1 with accessories
- Free magazines or a finishing product for sales over $100.00
Stationary Power Tools (all tools tested, operational)
- Saw Stop Model CB51230, 5 HP (equivalent to ICS industrial model) plus many accessories and jigs
- Jet JWL 1642 EVS 16” swing, 42” main bed plus a 57” and 20” extensions plus many accessories
- Record Coronet Lathe system 12” swing, with many accessories including 69” and 121” rails
- Rikon 8” bench grinder with Wolverine jigs
- Jet Oscillating Drum Sander 22-44 OSC 1-3/4 Hp
- Onieda Super Dust Gorilla 5 Hp 2 stage dust collector, ducting, Echo Gate automated system with blast gates
- Laguna MDC0560-0146 Dust Collector 2 Hp
- Delta X5 Drill Press variable speed
- Dewalt Radial Arm Saw (Medium Arm) 29” sliding capacity with 3 phase converter and nice table
- Ryobi Spindle Sander OSS450 Benchtop
- Powermatic 30B 6”x48” Belt and 12” Disc Sander
- Sears/Craftsman 17” Drill Press
- Powermatic 8” Jointer model 60 straight blades
- Craftsman 12” Radial Arm Saw
Festools for Sale
Kapex KS120EB Miter Saw, stand, dust hood
TS 75 EQ Plus Large Plunge cut track Saw (Three tracks for saw available)
OF 1010 EQ Plus Router + Accessories
OF 1400 EQ Plus Router + Accessories
OF 2000 E Plus Router + Accessories
RS 400 EQ-Plus Sander
DS 400 EQ-Plus Delta Sander
LS 130 EQ Plus DUPLEX Linear Sander
DX 93 E-Plus DELTEX Triangle Sander
HL 850 E-Plus Planer
PSB 300 EQ-Plus TRION Pendulum Jig Saw
PS 300 EQ-Plus TRION Pendulum Jig saw
TDK 15, 6 CE-NC 45-Plus Cordless drill fast fix
CT 33 E Vacuum
CD 26 E Vacuum
Wood For Sale – We had two large wood sales in June/July. George had an amazing quantity of quality of wood (@22,00 board feet). Another wood sale is planned for 1Q2023. On Nov 19/20, we will give access to a limited number of people in the 12:00-2:00pm time frame if number of tool sales customers is low and we have staff to handle. Only wood in large garage and 2 canopies is for sale at this time.
GPS stops at end of driveway. We will have a sign out with “George” on it to indicate his driveway.
Drive about 100 yards, pass house on left. Drive through fence gate.
Pass on left of large garage with two roll-top doors.
Go through second fence gate, do a 180 deg turn into field and park on grass.
Walk back to 2 door garage. Fence gate will be open.
Look for small green metal gate with yellow sign “Tool Sale”.
Walk along brick path to basement woodshop at back of house.
Weather permitting, will have some sales tables out by brick path.
Enter basement woodshop via double French doors.
Please do not park alone one lane gravel road. Go to designated parking areas. Follow signs.
Privacy of Owners – Please respect privacy of owners. No travel to site outside of agreed appointments and scheduled sales dates. Only enter house via basement woodshop double French doors.Members not logged in and non-members please use the form for referral to the ad owner, who will contact you at the number or email you provide in the form.