The HCWG server supports SMTP, and with the CPANEL console software suite, also supports email distribution lists (DL).
Once a DL is configured, email authors no longer have to remember to include everyone, or worry about having the right address. Just Send To or Reply To sampleDL@hcwg.org to reach the target audience.
An email DL removes the need for the membership to have to remember everyone’s name, or their email. As membership roles change and the DL is updated, email reaches the newest members and no longer goes to the departed members.
On the back end this is how it is set up:
- Log in to our server’s CPANEL console,
- Expand the Email section,
- Click the Forwarder utility. This utility records the address to be forwarded, which does not have to be a full function email account.
- Enter the address name to be forwarded (the hcwg.org domain is default, and only).
- Enter one or more comma separated values (full email addresses) that are the target email addresses (any) where any inbound mail received, will be echoed.
Note: This list is not editable. If it must be changed, delete the Forwarding entry and rebuild it.
Webmaster has maintenance responsibility. Members are responsible for keeping Webmaster up to date with regard to your valid email.