BLACKSMITHING Tools Wanted –
I am a member of the Blacksmiths Guild of Central MD (BGCM). I have a well equipped shop and need for very little myself.
What I am asking for is free or generously priced items I can share with new BGCM members. BGCM is always training new Smiths and can use all sorts of blacksmithing tools. Below is a list of items I am looking for. I have a truck and appreciate the chance to pick up and facilitate transfers.
- BLACKSMITH BASICS: Anvils,vices, leg-vices, swage blocks, coal/gas forges, tongs, hammers, files, drifts, punches, and chisels.
- CASTING: Refractory clay, curing ovens, smelters, crucibles, and stock metals.
- STEEL: Wrought iron, small barstock steel, large anvil-like steel blocks, RR spikes and Irons, very old farm equipment, automotive coil and leaf springs, tool steel files (new or old), horse shoes, industrial off-cuts etc.
- WELDERS: MIG/TIG/ARC Welders, cutting torches, strikers, welding masks/aprons/gloves.
- ODD Tools: Fly press, reciprocating metal saws, slow turn grinders, hydraulic presses, or larger belt sanders.
Sadly BGCM is not a 503C and so cannot offer tax relief for donors, but you would be helping young smiths entering into a new and very costly enterprise.Members not logged in and non-members please use the form for referral to the ad owner, who will contact you at the number or email you provide in the form.
Thanks, BGCM and HCWG member, Greg Knoll