After many months of no meetings, no Wednesday coffees at Bain Center, no Bain workshop, no nothing, it was quite nice to get together yesterday for a virtual meeting using Zoom technology.
There was a high of 56 concurrent participants, and a total of 75 different connected devices during the two hours.
The meeting highlights were the introduction of our President and Vice President candidates and their shared vision for the Guild’s next chapters, a great show-n-tell, and of course Joel’s Custom Tool Cabinet demonstration. One theme that many commented about during our more social moments was that those who have hearing issues (most of us) were able to hear everything! I can attest that that sentiment. Also, it was great to see the names with faces concurrent to their attendance. One member even wore his membership badge (I was impressed).
You can revisit the meeting agenda, Joel’s full length demonstration video hosted on our HCWG Channel on YouTube, and notes from the chat stream where members contributed details and links during Joel’s demo and the show-n-tell. In some of these ways, the virtual meeting format has advantages over a physical meeting. To view the video, or review links and details, please visit the 2020-08-01 August 2020 Monthly Meeting is Virtual (Zoom) (click here) post.
During the wrap up, Rick indicated he’d like to continue the expanded agenda for the virtual meetings, to go past September and to include business topics additional to the Nomination Committee’s conduct of the election process. I will gladly contribute the necessary support to facilitate the use of Zoom technology.
We do have some requests for you.
We would love your feedback about the August meeting. Reply to the email version of this post, or Contact Us. Use these points as suggested thoughts, and of course anything else you think useful:
- Announcements were timely.
- Announcements had enough information, too much information.
- Announcement links worked for me (you clicked to the Zoom meeting link and it worked).
- The Zoom meeting was easy enough to get into.
- The Zoom meeting window and controls were easy enough to use.
- The video quality was good (if yours wasn’t please tell us about how you connected (cellular, wifi at home, wifi elsewhere, device used, operating system, browser versus Zoom app).
- The audio quality was good (if yours wasn’t, please tell us about your device and how you get the sound from it – such as device name, speakers, headphones, corded ear buds, cordless/wireless ear buds; and whether you have speaker volume control).
- The meeting duration was perfect.
- The meeting cadence, how fast we went through the topics and the amount of time spent on each topic, was perfect.
- Overall, you liked the virtual meeting.
- You want to see more virtual meetings.
- You want virtual meeting attendance as an option for regular in-person meetings.
- Anything else relevant and useful.