The Guild Board of Directors is holding the September monthly meetings in a virtual format (**see note at the bottom of this page). The primary purpose is to conduct the President and Vice President election process. For the meeting we also are including portions of our regular business topics, and for the demonstration, an enhanced format show-n-tell. Please look over the agenda for details.
Summary Voting Process:
- During the meeting, after final nominations, an email ballot will be sent to all current members.
- Voting will be open until 7pm, Saturday, 12 September.
- Email votes can be traced to each person and will be tabulated by 7:05pm.
- Results will be confirmed by the Election Committee who will notify the membership by email immediately thereafter.
Editor’s Note: During the meeting, with no additional candidates identified, Manny offered a motion to conduct a voice vote, which David Hickson seconded. After discussion the motion held and an attendee (45) vote was conducted. Mike Haigwood was confirmed as President and Mike Heavner was confirmed as Vice President. Their responsibilities start immediately with a one month coaching period from outgoing officers, Rick Munzer and Joel LaFerriere.
Vice President (2020-2022)
The meeting is NOT IN PERSON, but can be attended using your smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer, from the comfort of your home, workshop, or anywhere you can get high speed cellular or WiFi Internet connected service.
Meeting Details:Date: 12 SeptemberStart Time: 10AMEnd Time: approximately 12 PMAgenda:
- Rick – Opening and welcome (about 10:10 to give time for people to get in and on the zoom)
- Rick – any new members or guests
- Rick – Announcements
- Manny – Bain Center update
- Rick – Officer Reports
- Manny – Treasurer Report
- Gene – Membership
- Manny – Election Committee
- Committee Report
- Introduction of Candidates
- Introduce each candidate and invite to speak
- Ask for nominations from the floor.
Gene will update the ballot email as needed and send by email immediately.
- Gene to describe how the electronic email voting works.
- Rick – Enhanced Show-and-Tell Intro (any subsequent details will be shared by separate posts in the Demonstration thread)
- Jack Spencer – Live edge Table
- Keith Frampton – Dust Collector
- Greg Knoll – Wall Storage
- David Hickson – Credenza
- Joel LaFerriere – Murphy Bed
- Two Polls were conducted (added during the meeting)
- Should we continue Enhanced Show-n-Tell in Zoom Meetings? Majority said yes.
- Contactless Payment Preferences:
- Should We Do It? Yes (majority), No (1 vote)
- Payment Methods? (winning choices)
- Paper check by snail mail
- PayPal Account
- Most major credit cards (FYI – using PayPal’s intermediary function)
- Gene described the scenario raised by one member where another organization suffered multiple fraudulent uses of member submitted credit card information. Gene went on to point out that one well studied PayPal mechanism does NOT persistently store any financially useful information on the local web host; which would be the model HCWG used if we instituted such a model. Members with questions please .
- Rick – AdjournVirtual Meeting (Zoom) Information:Topic: HCWG September Monthly MeetingTime: Sep 12, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)Meeting ID: 790 180 5134Passcode: 9999Join Zoom Meeting with Zoom AppORJoin Zoom Meeting with browser onlyAudio Only by Telephone:
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,7901805134#,,,,,,0#,,9999# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,7901805134#,,,,,,0#,,9999# US (Chicago)Dial by your location:
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keAnwjpK4Q