I would like to find someone to make a custom transom window without the glass. I have exact dimensions for all aspects and detailed pictures. It will be painted, so the wood does not have to be fancy. It will be 14″ x 30 13/16 ”.
After some back-n-forth emails, webmaster’s notes:
- Outside clearance dimensions are 30 13/16″ wide, by 14″ high, by 1 ¼” thick.
- Project will use #1 straight grain, or #2 with no knots, poplar stock with planed and sanded dimensions at 2″ wide by 1.25″ thick, square edges.
- The project will be delivered sanded smooth to 220, and otherwise unfinished.
- Joinery is typical rail and stile. The vertical members are 1.75″ wide and the horizontal members are 2″ wide.
- The glazing is 1/8″ and will stop against a rabbited square shoulder. The glazing will be secured by the customer with glazing pins and glazing putty.
- See diagram below for precise dimensions and cross-section view.
Members not logged in and non-members please use the form for referral to the ad owner, who will contact you at the number or email you provide in the form.