The Howard County Woodworkers Guild Board of Directors always has the safety of our members as its foremost concern. With Governor Hogan’s announcement Thursday, 12 March, regarding mitigating the spread of the corona virus and risk of COVID-19 disease through community spread, the Board hereby cancels the April meeting.
The Guild is withdrawing from the Chuck Bender Joinery Seminar on Saturday, 18 April. Anyone who has already paid their attendance fee will be reimbursed.
The County has also closed immediately the Bain Center, including our workshop today, Friday, 13 March.
We urge all members to practice safe hygiene – don’t shake hands and wash hands thoroughly for at least twenty seconds. Here are more statements from federal, state and county officials:
- Provide at least 6 feet of space between attendees.
- Make handwashing stations (with soap and water) and/or hand sanitizer readily available, especially in food consumption areas.
- Utilize signage that promotes handwashing.
- Consider live streaming or recording of events so they are available for viewing for those who can’t/shouldn’t attend in person.
- Encourage all participants who are sick (cough, shortness of breath, or fever) not to attend.
- Encourage participants to cover their coughs and sneezes and to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Develop flexible refund policies and re-ticketing options.
As always, please check the Guild’s website at https://HCWG.org for the latest news and status regarding meetings, events and the workshop.
HCWG Board of Directors