Due to the extraordinary circumstances associated with the global SARS-COV-2 virus pandemic, social gathering restrictions, health and safety, and the Guild’s majority membership being in the at-risk group, the Guild Board of Directors met and agreed upon a plan to offer the most fair treatment to current and future members. The details of that plan are provided below:
Membership Plan During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- We will not expire the current 2019-2020 Membership Roster on the normal date of 30 June 2020. That is, we will maintain the current roster as is until the Guild Board reopens the membership renewal period. The trigger is expected to coincide with when the Maryland Governor removes restrictions prohibiting meetings of a population and age group consistent with the Guild. Health and safety concerns may override the Board’s decision.
- When the membership renewal cycle is initiated, the Board will select the “start month”. That month will be used as the reference starting point to calculate the membership renewal dues using the New Member Prorated Annual Dues Schedule for new members, and will then be owed by the 2019-2020 Guild membership in place at that time.
- Members will be contacted by email individually as to their calculated dues payment. The email will provide payment options, some of which will require completion of an online form.
- Some members have paid ahead. If there is a balance due the member, their renewal email will so signify and provide instructions for how we can process that balance due, or apply it forward to the next fiscal year.
- New members and members returning from a qualifying inactive interval who desire to join during the above described period will be charged the normal Prorated dues as defined in the New Member Prorated Annual Dues Schedule.
How to Pay
The Board approved of several new options for membership dues payment. Manny (Treasurer) and Gene (Membership Chair) have collaborated to offer existing and new members the ability to conduct no-contact dues payment. Digital no-contact payment will require the member to complete an online form (no login will be required).Here are the options that will be offered when the renewal cycle is initiated.
- PayPal, ApplePay, and Venmo (through Gene’s account)
- MasterCard and VISA credit card (through Manny’s account)
- Cash, Paper check via snail mail or handed to Gene at a meeting. (Same as prior year renewals.)
Questions or Comments: