The December monthly meeting was held as a virtual meeting using Zoom technology. If you have a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone, and WiFi or strong cellular signal you could attend from anywhere.
- Opening and welcome
- New members or guests – Mike H1
- Treasurer’s Report – Manny
- Membership Report – Gene
- Current count
- Revised Dues Payment Options
- No person-to-person
- USPS mail renewal
- New Online Credit Card Payment
- Renewal start effective 1 Dec. $10 COVID-19 discount, $25 due.
- Some members already renewed at $35, and are owed $10.
- Some new members joining since 1 July may also have paid the dues amount in force at the time. They are eligible for a graduated reduction.
- An email to each member will be sent right after the meeting outlining their dues payment or refund options.
- Announcements – Mike H1
- Woodworking Show in Baltimore, Jan 8 – 10; not participating this year – Gene
- Repurpose Committee, a new, Board-level committee, with Matt Radtke as chair – Gene
- Recognition Committee, proposed by Greg Knoll, as a means of recognizing exceptional volunteers – Greg
- “What’s On Your Bench”, a new variant in our demonstration schedule. To start with the January meeting – Mike H1 & Joel
- VP Announcements – Mike H2
- Toys for Tots Update – Mike H2
- Beads of Courage Update – Rich
- Demonstration – Joel
John Linz, Celtic knot turning pepper mill (view Demonstration history)
- Mike H1 – Next Meeting is January 9th,
See comments below for discussion during the meeting.
John Linz, guild member, presented how to create a Celtic knot pepper mill, as well as other projects using the same techniques; which are to make thin kerfs in blocks, and laminate thinner pieces of (contrasting) wood. Then through the woodworking process reveal the intersecting rings of the knot.
Below, please find 1) the video (hosted on YouTube) with step-by-step narrative, and 2) gallery of individual images in in step-by-step order.