The Election Committee Chairmen, Andy Wheeler and David Knipfer, and the nomination committee are pleased to inform the Guild Membership that the President and Vice President elections will be held by ballot at the next monthly meeting on Saturday, 8 September. Full details are provided below.
Rick and the Nomination Committee Chairs will provide additional details at the meeting including any last minute changes.
The nomination committee will conduct the election activities, including polling for any last minute nominations and providing write-in instructions.
Guild Bylaws govern. Click here to review the complete Guild By-Laws. See the Election Excerpt requested by the Nomination Committee appended at the foot of this message.
Nominated for President and agreeing to run and perform the responsibilities – Rick Munzer (unopposed incumbent).
Nominated for Vice President and agreeing to run and perform the responsibilities – Tim Jackson (incumbent) and Joel LaFerriere.
Order of Activities:
- A few minutes before the meeting starts, Rick reminds members of item #2.
- Upon arrival and before the demonstration begins,
current Active Members present their membership card at the greeting desk to receive their ballots. The ballot box will be located at the same table and is Closed (not accepting ballots at this time). Members who recently joined or renewed will find their new membership cards on the nearby table. Get their card, then ballot.
- Rick invites the Nomination Committee Chairs to address the membership.
- The Chairs will inform the membership of all known nominations on the ballot and any write-ins.
- The Chairs will ask for any new nominations to be entered via write-in.
- The Chairs will inform the membership of voting instructions.
- To wit: before the end of the break, drop the ballots in the ballot box.
- The Chairs will ask if there are any further questions or comments.
- The Chairs will remind Active Members to be sure to get their ballot.
- The Chairs will close the floor for additional nominations/write-ins.
- The Ballot box will be opened.
- Rick will start the demonstration.
- Rick will call an end to the demonstration and yield the floor to the Nomination Chairs.
- The Chairs will remind members to cast their ballot before the end of the break.
- The Chairs will start the break.
- Rick will call all members back from the break. Nomination committee will close the ballot box and retire to the Workshop to tally the vote.
- Rick will resume the next items on the agenda.
- The Nomination Committee will return with voting results.
- Rick will recognize the Nomination Committee Chair who will report the voting results.
- The newly elected officers will be recognized by Rick the outgoing president. Rick will conduct the remainder of the meeting.
- The outgoing officers will remain in role for the rest of September to assist newly elected officers as appropriate.
- Rick will conduct the remainder of the meeting agenda as needed.